New weapon type: melee weapons
With this update, we introduce a totally new type of weapons: the melee weapons. We've implemented a completely new system for that to easily expand the weapon variety when it comes to melee weapons. We are currently planning to implement more melee weapons after the final release of the game.
New weapon: Tactical Axe
The tactical axe has a quite high damage output, which is worth to face your opponent in a close quarter fight, especially with a higher weapon level. Like all other weapons, the tactical axe can be upgraded up to 10 levels and comes with three completely different meshes when reaching specific levels.
To compensate the melee damage you take from enemies, you are able to heal yourself instead of throwing a grenade up to three times with each life. Picking up grenades will be replaced when you equip the tactical axe with filling up your ability to heal yourself.
Improved gore system
We got the feedback from our latest play sessions, that the hit feedback could be better and dealing damage or killing a Zombie doesn't feel as rewarding as it could be. Therefore we did a complete rework of the gore system. In detail we improved and implemented following features:
- Reworked blood particle effect which results in more blood splatters and blood puddles on the ground.
- Implemented impact physics when an Enemy gets killed based on the bullet impact direction and the movement speed/direction of the enemy.
- Implemented a bullet impact sound when enemies get hit.
Improved UI in PvP
When a player spawned he wasn't able to see the skill cooldown time via the UI. This has been improved now to always show the player the current state of the skill cooldown and usage time.
When no usage time is available, for example for the health refill skill of the police guys, the usage time is hidden.
- Fixed a bug which caused the selection of a wrong surface type on a bullet impact.
- Fixed a bug which caused melee weapons to appear in cutscenes.
- Fixed a bug which caused the lodge mesh to not collide with bullets.
- Map Drylands (Co-op): fixed a bug which caused players not spawning at the highway when the ladder has been used.
- Map Bloody Island (PvP): fixed a bug which caused footsteps not playing the water particle effect properly.
- Map Balsam Retirements (Co-op & PvP): Fixed a collision issue for the floor below the fountain.